Exploring: The Tricky Monkey

The weather was warm and humid and I swatted at bugs as I trudged through the jungle, birdsong filling the air.  In time I came upon a rough track. As I strode forward a chill ran through me - half concealed in the undergrowth a huge snake regarded me with its pitiless eye. I stepped carefully around it, fearing a strike.


Moving carefully onwards, I paused to admire a colony of frogs, hopping amongst the lily pads. I was tempted to catch one, but remembered that many of the amphibians here secrete a poison from their skin so contented myself with a snap for my journal.


Further along I noticed a curious arrangement of pillars - half concealing a strange figurine. My interest was piqued and I stepped closer to investigate.


A close view revealed some monstrous native deity, perhaps a Monkey God. As I studied the statue I seemed to hear a voice, a voice that required an answer to a most tricky riddle - and I knew that if I solved the riddle some gift would be given to me. But what, oh what is the answer?


Truly, the Amazon River never ceases to amaze!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roleplay class 2016, October

HUD update September 10

The strange beast (HUD update)