The Amazon Weapon System (AWS) provides the fairest, fastest and coolest weapons system in SL.
Here is a brief summary of the main features:-
You can use *any* weapon that fits the Amazon theme - all shots and hits are all managed by the Amazon Spirit.If you use an "Amazon" weapon your hits will do more damage that a 'standard' weapon. This is to encourage people to use the Amazon weapons as they do not create lag by rezzing projectiles, and offer a number of additional benefits (see below). The AWS can be switched between ranged and melee mode when you are in mouselook by typing 1 or 2 to select the mode you wish to use. Some viewers may also need you to press 'Enter' first to get the local chat dialogue box in focus.If you are using an Amazon ranged weapon (gun or bow), switching to ranged mode will auto draw your weapon; switching to melee mode will auto-sheath your Amazon ranged weapon. Similarly, if you wear an Amazon melee weapon (e.g. dagger), when yo…
Today we deploy a significant update to the 'weapons system' in the Spirit which balances concerns about weapons that have been modified to gain unfair advantage with giving people here the ability to wear any weapon they like.
The Spirit update today only affects the 'weapons system' - it does *not* affect food or health or trading.
Here is a summary of what changes:-
- shots / hits are managed solely by the spirit, not by a combination of weapon/spirit
- the spirit will auto switch between ranged (up to 96m) and melee (<2.5m) mode
- the spirit has fist-fight built in (no ammo use for melee)
- shots from downed/green/out of ammo users do not work
- every weapon you care to wear now works as weapons are now 'decoration'
- for now, full auto, the curare blowpipe, and the Amazon boomerang will not work
- No refill of ammo is needed at the arena
- shooting across sim-borders will not work
1. Spam from objects - reduce or give option for 'silent' mode.
2. Bring back Spears as well as Rods
3. Visual spam - boards and signs etc within 20m of a TP point will be silently returned. Think about an 'info hub' - generally reduce the number of 'signs' where they do not feed a roleplay opportunity.
4. Amazon Food Vendors (Traders) - restrict to the owner's camp area.
5. Super Jumpers / Use of tiny avatars in battle / Speedy Swimmers / Invisible Parachutes - all conflict with Rule #2 - Don't be a dickhead. Offenders will be sent to limbo with no 'benefit of the doubt'.
Shooting / RP (general discussion)
agreed that RP either before or after is essential - repeat offenders -> limbo for re-education. This is a roleplay sim - any shooting is part of roleplay. Do not attack people who are obviously busy/cuddling/shagging. Avoid imposing your rp on others. Roleplay, roleplay, roleplay! Do not constantly 'call for a guard…