Please read these guidelines and requirements carefully for a trouble-free time :-)
- If we find items that are full bright, or sculpted, or ugly, we will return them - same applies for Skybox installations.
- No more caves on request - there are plenty to pick from!
- Decorate your space and do not under-occupy. Space is a rare resource - make it look nice and use it fully!
- If you occupy a space - cave or otherwise - please decorate it, don't leave it essentially 'bare'. If we find spots that are occupied with just a few items as 'markers' we will clear them and reclaim the space for others who want to make more effort. We want to see your spots well done and nicely decorated. just a bed and a torch will not cut it
- You will receive a message from Bagheera, the catbot, if we think your space is under-occupied or insufficiently decorated. You will then have 2 days to remedy the issue or explain to the mouthpiece. Don't panic - we are generally overly lenient, but we have recently seen a couple of under-occupied and under-decorated places.
- Fit the theme. The theme is the Amazon of today. In the Amazon River area please stick to that theme - avoid using material that would not be readily available in the jungle, or not easily transported there. That includes teleport pads.
- Be considerate of region resources. The Homestead regions should have at least 100 prims permanently available- Otherwise, vehicles entering will cause havoc. Do not build in a region when it has, including your items, fewer than 100 prims available.
- Do not use full bright items. If you are not sure whether your item is full bright or not, rezz it, then turn your local light setting to midnight. If your item is then still bright, it is full bright. in that case, disable the full bright switch in the texture tab. If your item is no mod, we are sorry, you can not use it here in full bright. Talk to the creator then.
- Do not fence every single tent of yours. We are in a rainforest, not in a garden plot colony. If you want to mark an area, be more creative than simply fences. Use some rocks, or bushes. and let it appear natural. We will not allow fences anywhere in the Amazon except the Raider Camp. Do not block paths, rivers, or access to others' camps, and be considerate of the amount of land you lay claim to - land is a precious resource - do not under-occupy.
- Decorate your space - a simple bed and a torch does not cut it - use imagination and flair and make it look FAB!
- Do not use sculpted items. While we are aware that many, especially large things, come still only as sculpt on the marketplace, there is really no need at all anymore to place trees, houses or cars in sculpt. Sculpted prims slow down your local viewer - and with that all viewers of people that are passing by your camp. Also, a lot of sculpted items look simply dated today. Use mesh instead. If you have something in sculpt and you have no funds to place a mesh counterpart instead of it, talk to us. We will buy it then on our account and rezz it where your sculpted item was.
This is how you can spot a sculpted item: Edit it, go to the object tab - and if you see there a colorful texture, it is scultped. Try then to replace it with mesh.
- Make use of the Amazon texture pack, which you can get from YT for free. It holds some terrain and rock textures. Texture your stuff with it so it blends in better.
- No skyboxes. You are fine with a small box (10x10x10) with no decoration at all, simply as chamber to adjust dresses and outfits. But we do not want any areas to spend time in, in the sky, unless we, the administration, placed it there (for example quests or the arena)
- Maximum of one pick-lockable door per Exit/Entry - from 1 September 2017 we will allow only one door (which must be 'pickable' ) per Entry/Exit to your habitation. An Entry/Exit is where your cave/tent/house/building connects to the surroundings - lockable doors between two rooms or corridors within your habitation are not allowed. The time to pick the lock on any such door shall not exceed 3 minutes.
- Avoid perma-rezzed vehicles - helicopters in particular take up a lot of Land Impact and are very often sculpt. By all means rez them to fly from point to point, but please don't leave them perma-rezzed as 'decoration' - same goes for other 'large' vehicles (unless of course you are living in one).
- Do not abuse your perma-rezz rights to litter other people's camps with 'fires' or 'blocking prims' or other such stuff - especially when their camp is unoccupied and there is no accompanying roleplay to back it up. Use 'self-extinguish' items that die on click, if you must rez such things at all - but DO NOT perma rezz stuff that cannot be removed. It is just annoying.
- Land is a precious resource - be considerate of the amount of land you take for your 'camp'. Keep to a single location for your main camp. Those who land-grab will find their items returned if their use of land resources is excessive.