Sunday January 1st 2017
Amazon spirit/HUD update!
- Guards now have 20 HP
- Guard can switch at will to 'peacemaker' mode (blue dot) - in which they cannot give/receive shots but can still jail offenders.
Tuesday December 27th 2016
Amazon spirit/HUD update!
- More Ammo and Health
- locals and seeker=20 HP and 40 shots
- guards= 200 HP and 200 shots
- explorer=18 HP and 3 shots
- shaman/healer=25 HP and zero shots
This is a test. If it works, it stays. If not we dial it back.
Remember: if you are not a combat type you can always go green!
Amazon Bow Update!
- Version2 of the Amazon Bow can be found in the Hunter's Tomb and replaces the original version which should no longer be used.
- New 'Compass' button added - provides a map showing location of Quests, Resources, Meat and other excitements!
Friday December 2nd 2016
- A bug fix for 'hover after TP' when using the 'spirit' teleports.
- Sci-fi and clockwork flying machines/birds are now regarded as Dark Magic - do not use them! Stick to simple birds (mesh) and helicopters.
Friday, August 26th.
- A bug fix to the Trading Table to prevent unusual overpayments.
Wednesday, August 24th.
- Bullet Ants in Rio Grande give a nasty bite - Healers can get the antivenom from a new healer shelf close to the spider antivenom shelf.. Ant bites need ant antivenom - spider bites need spider antivenom.
Friday, August 19th.
- Down timer is more accurate so healers have more time to heal
- Location of TP points adjusted slightly, so they arrive close to a boat rezzer.
- Dot attachment higher LOD, easier to see
- Fixed a bug in the menu structure
- If downed by a crocodile, TP back to landing to avoid volleyball effect
- Priests can heal now too
Wednesday, August 17th
- Downed notifications (Healers and leaders only) tweaked to provide more information
- **NEW** Prim Count button gives you the number of land impact you have rezzed in each of the Amazon regions. This is mostly for the benefit of Supporters, to allow them to keep track of their LI usage and identify regions with possible 'lost' items. And - before you ask - no, it is not possible to give an itemised list - try using Area Search to find 'lost' items.
- A new coin exchanger replaces the old coin bag at Baia Santa Rosa. This one allows you to change coins up or down. It will endeavour to give you the 'best' fit for the coins you deposit.
- Click the lid, choose if you are changing UP or DOWN then - when you have finished dropping your coins - click the lid again
Saturday. August 6th
- A new role - Amazon Trader - has been created. Look for traders over the next few days as they set up their stores. They sell food, and have 'Preserving Machines' which extend the life of your trade items!
Friday August 5th
Food Update! Other Updates!
- You can now buy food items from the First Aid post in Rio Tapajos.
- The law forbidding natives guns and settlers blow darts is suspended as a trial.
- The Wisdom Cave has been reworked - no more fiery death, and easier for translator users.
Tuesday August 2nd
- The "far view guard" will now allow 150 meters instead of 50 meters. That way you can spot the birds that mark food more easily.
Wednesday 20th July
- All edible items now have at least 14 days shelf life!
Tuesday 19th July
- Eating soup now gives significantly more health benefit (5 HP)
- Salt now easier to mine
- Pick axe now quieter
- 'Can't find animation' bug fixed
- 'Month of Plenty' - harvest food supplies in the Maze, replenished regularly- use your radar from Rio Grande (246,64,22)
Tuesday 12th July
- far view hack encountered
- falling from height will damage you now
- easier crocodile hunt with boomerang
We have made a few changes to food as below:-
- food dispensers now drop at fixed places, rather than random spots.
- Supporters can grow their own corn - perhaps for the benefit of their tribe/faction (see below)
- Healers/Shaman can 'tend' growing corn to help it thrive and crop more.
- the old-->new exchange tables will be removed today
- the old fishing rod/ soup pan vendors will be removed today
Growing Corn - Guide
We are pleased to announce that Supporters can now grow their own corn - perhaps for the benefit of their tribe/faction.
Seedlings are available at a cost of 2 coin from the fishing hut in Baia Santa Rosa.
** You must be a Supporter to use this plant. **
Rez the plant and position it where it is to grow, then click it. Once you have planted your plant you must NOT move it. If you do so it will die (i.e. once planted, do not take it back into your inventory and re-rez it).
The plant will grow over a period of 48 (RL) hours. When fully grown the plant requires 6 land impact. Please be sure you have enough free LI on your allowance!
It will crop up to 6 corncobs, depending on how much 'tending' it gets.
A plant can be tended by a Healer/Shaman by being clicked. A plant can be tended nor more than once every 30 minutes, up to a maximum of 6 times while it grows.
When your plant crops you will receive a notification - you can then click your plant to collect the crop. Once your crop has been delivered, the plant will die and you must buy a new one.
Monday 11 July 2016
- Switch your DOT/HUD to green and you will still be able to hunt animals.
- Range of weapons controlled to 10 - 96 m. only. Under 10m use melee.
Thursday July 7th 2016
A new weapons setting has been introduced - for testing.
- automatic guns can overheat
- if you are downed and healed, you are forced green for five minutes
- if you are shot while seated you get unseated (ty Harold for hinting to this bug)
Friday July 1st 2016
This is the first of a series of quests we introduce this summer.
Step 1: get a dreamcatcher.
Thursday June 30th 2016
Today we release the following:-
You can now mine for rough cut diamonds and rough cut emeralds, using the same pickaxe that you use for mining salt. Hunt out the locations! The old mining site at Mama Allpa will be closed down.
2. Preserving Food
You can now buy an Amazon Smoker at the gardening hut in Lago Marimba. You can use the smoker on salted food items to add a further +20 days of shelf life!
3. Animal 'Hunting'
Animals/Wildlife can get meat / intestines from the water buffalo.
Still to come...
- Polishing diamonds and emeralds to give them increased value
- Freezing food items to preserve them.
Tuesday June 27th 2016
Today we release a number of enhancements for the Amazon. Please read below:-
1. HUD Update.
(i) The HUD/DOT menu will now open with the chat command /1hud as well as by clicking the DOT.
(ii) Food now delivers double the HP value that it did before.
(iii) 'old' food items (i.e non-expiring) will no longer be recognised as food by the HUD/DOT
2. Curare Arrows
Everyone can collect poison seeds from the poison seed shrubs (one Strychnos Toxifera, a small shrub with red fruit is located in each region). Healers will have to transform poison seed to curare arrows ,by using a mortar which is available at the healer shelf. Once the healers have been grinding one poison seed for 5 minutes they receive one curare arrow which they can give to a native. The native can load this curare arrow into the special curare blowgun (which you can pick up also at the fisherman's hut near the trade table in Tapajos) - on most individuals one blow with one curare arrow will take them down.
3. Preserving Food
Anyone can now buy a pickaxe (50 coins from the fisherman's hut near the trade table in Tapajos). This axe can be used to mine salt (and later, to mine other minerals). It is good for 100 uses. When you have successfully mined some salt, you place it on the ground, rez an edible natural food stuff (i.e. not soup, not a spade but rather a fish or meat etc.) and then click the salt. The food item will have its life extended by 20 days. The salt can be used once only.
Remember: you can use the "Radar" button in your HUD/DOT to find Points of Interest. This button will also show you where to find the blow dart giver, the pick axe vendor and the mine rocks.
Still to come...
- Mining other minerals.
- Smoking food items to further extend their life
- Freezing food items to preserve them.