We have today deployed an update to the 'Help' system in the Spirit.
When you click 'help' you now get two options: General / Private
Use General for the following circumstances:
- when you have a a general query that anyone in the Admin team can help with
- when you are happy for your message to be seen by all members of the Admin team
Use Private when:
- you want your message to go *only* to the senior Estate Admin (i.e. the Owners)
- you want to raise a 'sensitive' topic
- you feel that a General query was not dealt with appropriately.
Please do NOT abuse the 'Private' messaging, and be aware that the Owners are often very busy with other admin tasks and may not be able to respond without delay when you submit an issue. Be assured though that *all* messages are read and considered.
Today we deploy a significant update to the 'weapons system' in the Spirit which balances concerns about weapons that have been modified to gain unfair advantage with giving people here the ability to wear any weapon they like.
The Spirit update today only affects the 'weapons system' - it does *not* affect food or health or trading.
Here is a summary of what changes:-
- shots / hits are managed solely by the spirit, not by a combination of weapon/spirit
- the spirit will auto switch between ranged (up to 96m) and melee (<2.5m) mode
- the spirit has fist-fight built in (no ammo use for melee)
- shots from downed/green/out of ammo users do not work
- every weapon you care to wear now works as weapons are now 'decoration'
- for now, full auto, the curare blowpipe, and the Amazon boomerang will not work
- No refill of ammo is needed at the arena
- shooting across sim-borders will not work