Amazon Telegraph - News from your Jungle

Your Author: DaGolem

Today:
Introducing Melissa, the Healer
Melissa with weed - click to enlarge
Being tasked to interview locals of the Amazon River yours truly stumbled through the thick bushes and found a bar with many people. Some were drunk, some were stoned and some were both. One of those present introduced herself as Melissa and so I took the chance at hand and interviewed her right away.
DaGolem takes out a pen and a paper and starts to scribble "so, Melissa is your name, yes? who trained you in the art of healing?Melissa nods "yes, Melissa is my name, I wasn't trained but Mad blessed me after I finished a task that’s she asked of me and then I learned everything else on my own"
DaGolem scribbles and nods "Mad. i see. and Mad is a healer? or a Priestess? where did she get her experience?
Melissa shrugs "she is naked and wears a slingshot, but I don't dare call her by what she is, that is a no no... she was a healer yes, but she just sent me on a task, I completed it, and then came back to her with what she wanted and she prayed to the spirits and they blessed me with healing ways"
DaGolem turns to Melissa again "very good. she is naked and with slingshot. a monks pet then. i see. now, Melissa, a smart woman such as you are, when you see young people in the woods, who want to become a healer like you one day - what is your most important message to them?
Melissa turns her attention back to the man trying to concentrate with everything going on. She listens to his question and brings her fingers on her right hand up to her lips and pulls on the bottom lip while she thinks "I think my most important message to them would be that they belong to the jungle and that they should return the favour and keep the jungle healthy. We are only as good as the earth is and healers are a big part of keeping the jungle pure" She sighs not knowing if she answered the question as well as she wanted since she had smoked some weed earlier

Comments